Friday, June 17, 2011

Gavin turns 7!!

Gavin just turned 7!! This year he ended up having 3 birthday parties and eating cake 4 different times! Just how did Gavin end up being so lucky?
My parents were going to be out of town for Gavin's birthday so we celebrated early by going to CDA to the Croc center (highly recommended!) We swam, did a climb wall, played in a play land, then went out to eat and have birthday cake. It was a fun day with Grandma and Grandpa!

Then... I threw Gavin a Lego party. It was a lot of work, but totally fun. I made a Lego cake, did Lego juice boxes and even made Lego thank you blocks.
Then.... on Gavin's real birthday I had my Activity day girls over and we sang him happy birthday. Then it was time for a "family party." Gavin got a new bike. He was in dire need of one. I guess when your 7 you should have probably outgrown your 1st training wheel bike, right? Gavin was saying that his legs were hurting when he rode his bike. Not anymore with this shiny red and silver bike.

I got a lot of the good ideas from this blog: http://deliacreates.blogspot.com/2011/01/lego-birthday-party.html. Check it if you ever have to do a Lego party.
The Lego party cake. I didn't realize that I only had neon food coloring so the cake ended up turquoise.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

He deserved a great 7 th birthday and he got it . Wish wr could have been there for the lego party.