Sunday, August 17, 2008

Gavin's Summer of FUN!!

Since Cousins camp Gavin has been to an airshow at the Air Force Base and to the Circus. Plus he got to ride a camel and a elephant with his BFF Morgann. The pictures of intermixed because I downloaded them in the wrong order and didn't want to take the time to redo it. Boy, my type A personality is slowly fading. I think it's because of kids. Who has time to be a perfectionist when you have kids?
Brent and Gavin at the airshow. They had a great time. Brent loves airplanes and it was fun for them to be able to see the insides of all these cool planes. Grace and I opted to stay home. It was a good choice since 200,000 people were there over the weekend and the whole event wasn't exactly stroller friendly.
Gavin and Morgann. They look so much alike it is a little crazy. I swear, if I took them anywhere by myself people would think I had twins!
The elephants joined the circus at the very end. Gavin got bored watching the acrobatics. I almost took him home at intermission when he was trying to sleep on my lap. He did think that the elephants were cool. He came right home and found his toy elephant so he could make a circus.
Gavin in front of the mini airplane. I love it how Gavin is adamant about buttoning the top button of his shirt. He says he looks better that way.
I am pretty sure Gavin has a disease. It is called Ligyrophobia- Fear of loud noises. Brent wanted to stay to watch the Blue Angels fly, but the loud noises were freaking Gavin out and so they bailed out early.
Gavin said that the camel ride was "kind of bumpy." He and Morgann had a great time riding the animals and I actually took the camera and got some pics taken (usually that's Brent job so I was really proud of myself)
They cram as many people onto the elephant as they can. I still paid for the ride. I figured... how many times is he going to able to ride an elephant?


3 comments:

DaNae said...

I miss you and I miss them. Maybe you could come live with me and be my home nurse. Or I could come and be your nanny and you could pay me in scotcharoos.

Deborah said...

What a fun summer Gavin is having. I'm glad that you and Brent are so good at taking pics since he really won't remember much of these happenings.

Danielle said...

Dude, a live in nanny for only the cost of scotcharoos? That's a deal you can't pass up! I miss my friend Gavin and the gorgeous Grace.