Monday, August 25, 2008

Silver Mt.

This past weekend we drove to Kellogg, Id and rode the gondola up to the top of the ski mountain. Then we rode two chairlifts to get to the peak of the mountain were a fire look out is. Gavin at the peak of the mountain. This is one of the only pictures that we have of him when he isn't sticking his tongue out. On the way to the mountain he said, "If I see some snow I am just going to lick it." Good thing we never saw any snow!. We are on the chairlift on our way to the peak. Grace was in the Bjorn. It was time for her nap so she started to get really fussy on the 2nd chairlift. I was really glad that she was strapped in because she was sure being a wiggle worm. .
The fam at the fire lookout. We finally got Grace to sleep. I am very thankful for the Bjorn. It is a great thing!
Then we went on a nature walk and picked huckleberries. The mountain was covered with them, but they sure are labor intensive. We came home with a sandwich bag only filled 1/2 way.
Silver Mt has the longest gondola ride in the world. Gavin passed the time playing with his pamphlets. He found about 15 of them and then nicely put them in a row to show us. Then he saved them until Sunday dinner and distributed them out as gifts. How thoughtful!

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Great family outing and we loved the pamplets to look at after Sunday dinner.

Peregos said...

You ALL look so grrrreat! You and Brent both look fit and trim, Gav's hair cut is adorable and Grace is always adorable. Way to go!

Dave said...

I love Gavin's hair cut. Keep on running.

DaNae said...

Gavin is fo sho crazy! I miss his little shows after dinner. Maybe he will grow up to be a cruise director or something.