A friend of mine at church showed me this cute "flirty skirty" apron that she had made. I asked her if she would be willing to help me make one for Grace. I don't think she knew what she was getting herself into when she said yes to helping me and DaNae sew! She was at my house for 4 hours teaching us some pretty basic sewing skills. I know that I should have listened to Mom when she said, "One day you'll wish you knew how to sew." Oh, the wisdom of Mother's. I should have listened and paid closer attention!
I was so excited to finish the apron after 5 long hours... (okay, so I sew REALLY slow... and mess up A LOT!) Grace was sleeping when I finally finished the apron that I made Gavin model it for me.
Me doing some serious sewing skills!
7 comments:
Cute cute cute! I am so proud of you girls. Grace looks adorable.
Looks awesome, Dor! Good job!
um, could I look any more crossed eyed and busted??? The sewing was starting to go to my head! It was fun and educational tho.
DaNae told me to check out your blog and I busted up laghing at that picture of DaNae. Aprons look cute though. Especially on little chef Gavin.
Love how different your aprons turned out. Great job!
I wish I had a little girl to sew for. The boys don't appreciate the pee-pee teepees. And no I'm not trying for 5.
I'm impressed! Sewing skills really are something of a lost art for our generation. What happened to us? One day I am going to have to sit down and make my mom teach me (again) how to sew more than a pillow case. Your apron turned out really cute and Gavin and Grace are as cute as ever!
Post a Comment