Thursday, December 18, 2008

Winter wonderland

It has snowed here a record 19 inches overnight (in the city... 29 inches in the outlining areas). That was the measurement at 5am, and it hasn't stopped snowing. Here is Gavin standing on our front walk way. He is standing in snow up to his knees and that is after Brent shovelled the snow twice yesterday. The news said that we haven't had a storm like this since the winter of 1969. Which means, in all the years Mom and Dad have lived in Spokane they haven't ever seen anything like this. And since they are in Chicago, my blog is the closest they'll get our winter wonderland.
Trees meet the ground with so much snow.

The snow is so high that Gavin can barely walk. He fell over and couldn't get up because the snow is so deep. I was in my PJ's and wasn't going out there so I just had to coach him through it and he was finally able to stand up.

Sorry Mom, instead of having your car in your nice warm garage, it is in my driveway accumulating snow! This is the snow coverage just since last night. Thanks for letting me borrow your car, there is no way my little Nissan could maneuver the roads!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

dude! that is bananas... well....i guess bing can stop dreaming

DaNae said...

Holy COW!! Man, I wish I was home. That snow looks awesome.

Derek and Edon said...

And I hate the 4 inches here in ChiTown. I hope Pepper and OC can get to the cold food and ice water).

Dorianne said...

OC and Pepper are MIA. Brent went up there to try and dig them out from under the deck.

Peregos said...

HOLY. COW. Amazing. I hope you're staying warm and enjoy lots of 10x10 meals ;)
And we are praying for good health in your family!! Take care. Love you guys!